Tel Aviv Beaches: How to Choose the Best One for Your Vacation
The Savoy Seaside Hotel has the ultimate beach location, just a 2-minute stroll from the sand and promenade. This hotel maximises its oceanside location with spectacular views from the rooms, a relaxing deck area on the ground floor, and a rooftop terrace where you can chill out anytime. Elegantly furnished, enjoy chic, luxury interiors with warm, personal service, the perfect complement to a sunny seaside vacation and the added benefit of all Tel Aviv’s main attractions just a short walk away.
With nearly 10 miles of soft sand stretching along the western edge of the city, there are sixteen beaches and a wide variety of hotels on the beach in Tel Aviv in Israel. This is the secret jewel on the Mediterranean coastline.
Distinct from other locations on the Mediterranean, Tel Aviv offers all the appeal of unspoilt golden sands and azure seas plus the attractions of a vibrant and historic city. After a day enjoying the sun, sand and surf, why not take advantage of the nightlife.
Tel Aviv is famous for its seaside hotels but wherever you choose to stay, you can enjoy Tel Aviv’s spectacular beaches with scenery and seaside activities for all ages. The beach lifestyle is self-sufficient with restaurants, cafes and bars in addition to all the luxury amenities provided by a wide range of seaside hotels. Eat, drink and relax by the waterside.
Just What can you Expect from a Seaside Holiday in Tel Aviv
Whether you want a romantic break, a traditional family holiday or an action-fuelled adventure, Tel Aviv will have the beach for you and a choice of Tel Aviv hotels on the beach to go with it.
Tel Aviv has such a long coastline and variety of boutique hotels on the beach, so this destination has something for everyone whether your key luggage item is a paddleboard or just a good book. Clean sand, clear water and lots of sun are the bare minimum but here’s a sample of what else is on offer.
- Enjoy warm water temperatures which never dip below +25 ° C even in early spring and late autumn – in the height of summer, the sea will be + 28 ° C
- The beaches are divided up so you can always find fun and recreation if you want it or tranquil peace away from other visitors. There is even a beach designated for dogs
- There are well-equipped playgrounds beachside aimed at children and young people
- Enjoy an infinite variety of food and cuisines with cafes and restaurants and food outlets on the sand itself
- The beaches are well catered with clean showers and toilets and plenty of umbrellas and sunbeds
- There is a religious beach offering segregation for men and women with gender usage depending on the day
- Enjoying surfing or learn to surf on Hilton beach at the surf school or try your hand at stand up paddle boarding
- On Gordon beach, there is a large swimming pool with a gym offering volleyball and matkot
- Frishman Beach caters for the younger set with music on offer and themed parties and amateur sports during the evening
- Take to the water and rent a pedalo
- For those looking for complete serenity and an escape from the hustle and bustle of modern life, there are plenty of beaches which are absent amenities allowing you to enjoy the sheer unspoiled beauty of Tel Aviv’s coastline
The Best Beaches in Tel Aviv
Finding the best beach depends on your requirements. If you choose to stay in a seaside hotel, then find your perfect accommodation with our separate guide to the best hotels in Tel Aviv on the beach.
Here is a selection of the best beaches in Tel Aviv, you can bathe on every beach but many of them have unique features which might suit your holiday plans. Just add to the mix one of Tel Aviv’s many luxury hotels on the beach and you’ll have the perfect Mediterranean cocktail.
- Metzitzim Beach – ideal for families and groups of friends, there is a beachfront restaurant and a nightclub lounge for fun into the evening and night
- Hilton Beach – named after the seaside hotel, the Hilton, Hilton beach is best known as Tel Aviv’s Gay Beach but it is also surf friendly and dog friendly and with the added bonus of the Hilton Bay restaurant
- Gordon Beach – this is one of Tel Aviv’s most popular beaches so it is busy. Bordered by restaurants, gyms and volleyball courts, there are lots of activities on offer including Zumba, matkot and surfing classes
- Frischman Beach – for those who like nothing better than to relax on the sand with a good book, Frischman Beach has its own beach library and for the more active, there is exercise equipment and volleyball courts. This is one of the best beaches in Tel Aviv for families and kids
- Jerusalem Beach or Trumpeldor – this beach is classified as a city beach and has exercise facilities, a playground and kiteboarding area with great access to the city
Tel Aviv has sixteen different beaches so that’s one for every day of your two-week holiday with a couple left over for next time! A Tel Aviv beach hotel is the perfect complement to an oceanside holiday with luxury living to complement this stunning location.
The Savoy hotel offers the finest accommodation for holidaymakers, a seaside hotel renowned for luxury and style amongst all the beach hotels of Tel Aviv and well located for all the different Tel Aviv beaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any safety tips for Tel Aviv’s beaches?
Tel Aviv’s beaches are famed for being some of the cleanest and the safest in the Mediterranean and they all hold coveted Blue Flag status for water quality and safety. Entrance to the sea on all Tel Aviv’s beaches is a gentle incline which is safe for children and older people. Beach rescuers are on site across all the beaches from 07.00 to 19.00 every day.
How can I choose the best Tel Aviv hotel for my vacation?
The beach strip in Tel Aviv is 10 miles long and there is vast array of different seaside hotels to choose from. Finding the best beach hotel in Tel Aviv largely depends upon your party and what they want to do. Tel Aviv hotels on the beach are famed for their luxury facilities and fine dining so you’ll definitely be spoilt for choice.
Can dogs visit any beach in Tel Aviv or just designated beaches?
Dogs are welcome on all of Tel Aviv’s beaches however on the designated dog beaches, they are free to run off the lead. Tel Aviv is one of the most dog-friendly cities in the world but always check that your boutique Tel Aviv beach hotel also welcomes canine guests.
What wildlife is there to see on the Tel Aviv coastline?
A boutique hotel adjacent to a stunning Tel Aviv beach is the perfect location to see blackheaded gulls and cormorants with more exotic species evident in and around the city like mynas and Little Egrets which are a small, white heron.