Looking for a summer getaway that’s got a bit of everything? Israel is your go-to spot! Israel is like a hidden gem filled with historical wonders, gorgeous beaches, and a vibrant cultural tapestry. Planning a stay? The Savoy in Tel Aviv should be at the top of your list. It’s perfectly situated, putting you right in the middle of all top things to do in Israel in the summer.
This makes your trip both fun and convenient. Let’s explore together the coolest summer activities in Israel and see how a stay at The Savoy adds that extra sparkle to your vacation.
Beach Experiences in Tel Aviv
When you’re in Tel Aviv during the summer, you just can’t miss out on its lively beach scene – it’s a total must-do! And guess what? The Savoy is just a stone’s throw away from some of the coolest beaches around:
- Gordon Beach: It’s super popular and only a short walk from The Savoy. The vibe there is electric, with beach bars aplenty and the softest sand you can imagine. It’s perfect for soaking up the sun, taking a dip, or even joining in on a game of beach volleyball.
- Frishman Beach: Another beach close to The Savoy is Frishman Beach. Known for its crystal clear water, it’s a perfect spot for families and those who love water sports. There’s also a playground for children and several excellent restaurants nearby.
- Banana Beach: If you’re looking for a more laid-back environment, consider visiting Banana Beach. This beach is particularly popular during weekends when locals gather to play music and watch the sunset. Be sure to try a refreshing cocktail from one of the many beachside cafes!
Cultural Festivals and Events
Israel boasts a myriad of cultural festivals and top things to do in Israel in the summer, particularly in Tel Aviv. If you’re staying at The Savoy, make sure to check out:
- White Night (Laila Lavan): An annual celebration in late June that sees the city come alive with all-night performances, concerts, parties and special events. It’s a city-wide celebration of culture and art that shouldn’t be missed.
- Tel Aviv Gay Pride Parade: Held in June, it’s one of the biggest events in the Israeli social calendar. This week-long festival celebrates love and acceptance with lively performances, parties, and the famously vibrant parade.
- Tel Aviv Jazz Festival: Are you a fan of jazz? Then you’ve got to check out the Tel Aviv Jazz Festival in August. It’s an amazing gathering of jazz talent, both from Israel and around the globe. The festival spreads out across the city, featuring everything from timeless classic jazz to some really fresh, innovative styles. It’s a must for any jazz lover!
- Jerusalem Film Festival: A little further afield but well worth the journey, this prestigious event in July showcases a wide array of Israeli and international cinema, including premieres, masterclasses, and panel discussions.
Tips for Enjoying Top things to do in Israel in the Summer
To make the most of your trip to Israel in the summer, there are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Stay hydrated: Israeli summers can be hot, especially in the middle of the day. Be sure to carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
- Sun protection: A sun hat, shades, and a high SPF sunscreen are essential for preventing sunburn.
- Dress appropriately: Wear light, breathable clothing for the hot weather during the day, but remember that nights can get cool so also pack a light sweater.
- Plan your day well: Visit outdoor sites in the cooler parts of the day, i.e., early morning and late afternoon. Take a siesta during the hottest part of the day.
- Try local summer delicacies: Enjoy summer fruits like figs, dates, and pomegranates, and don’t miss out on a refreshing glass of limonana (a type of mint lemonade).
- Public transport: Use buses, trains, and trams for city tours to avoid the hassle of parking and traffic during peak tourist season.
- Remember Sabbath customs: Most businesses close from Friday evening to Saturday evening for the Jewish Sabbath, so plan accordingly.
- Visit the Dead Sea: Don’t forget to visit the Dead Sea and experience the unique sensation of floating in its mineral-rich waters. Just remember to bring waterproof sandals as the salt crystals can be sharp underfoot.
- Explore local markets: Visit local markets like Carmel Market in Tel Aviv or Mahane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem for a taste of local cuisine, culture, and craftsmanship.
Summer in Israel is like stepping into a world of endless possibilities – from basking on sun-drenched beaches to immersing yourself in lively cultural festivals. And if you’re staying at The Savoy in Tel Aviv, you’re right where you need to be to experience the best of Israel’s summer magic. It’s not just about chilling out or seeking thrills; it’s about a perfect mix of both. Israel during summer is an unforgettable adventure, and with The Savoy as your cozy home base, you’re set for an extraordinary journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the average temperatures in Israel during the summer months, and how should travelers prepare for the weather?
During the summer months in Israel, average temperatures can range from 75°F (24°C) to 95°F (35°C) and even higher in some areas. Travelers should prepare for hot and sunny weather by packing lightweight, breathable clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat. Staying well-hydrated is essential, so carrying a refillable water bottle and drinking plenty of fluids is advisable, especially when exploring outdoor attractions.
What are the best ways to stay hydrated and cool while exploring Israel during the summer heat?
When you're exploring under that hot Israeli sun, remember to drink water regularly. It's a good idea to take breaks in the shade or pop into air-conditioned places to cool off. Wear light-colored clothes that let your skin breathe, slap on some sunscreen, and your trusty hat will be your best friend. These simple tips will help you enjoy your summer adventures in Israel without wilting in the heat!
Can you recommend some popular beach destinations in Israel for summer vacations?
Certainly! Some popular beach destinations for summer vacations in Israel include Tel Aviv's lively city beaches, the serene shores of the Dead Sea, the Mediterranean beaches of Netanya, and the beautiful beaches of Eilat along the Red Sea. Each offers a unique coastal experience.